Friday 7 June 2013

MHAM Day 7 - Pretty Woman

Today's prompt for the Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is about what I do to look good when I feel crap.

Well for me, it's mostly in one word, shoes.



For some people they might do their hair in an awesome way, others might glam up their look with make-up.  I'm useless at both those things but boy oh boy do I love shoes!

The shoe shown above is one from my collection which I particularly love.  I'm a particular fan of Irregular Choice brand shoes (like the one above) as anyone who has seen my shoes will know.
When I get ready for work in the morning, I choose the shoes first then pick the outfit that'll go with them.  If I'm wearing fabulous shoes, I might not feel fabulous because of the pain, but I feel like I look a lot more fabulous.

I do things to try to make myself feel better even if I feel bad because of pain, and Pinkie Pie is my shining star there.  I have a model of her on my monitor at work, a trading card of her stuck to my work monitor and a big poster of her on my kitchen door, all to make me smile when I'm feeling down because of the pain.




When I'm in full migraine I don't look good at all of course, then I'mm in my jammies with my matted hair feeling like crawling into a hole in the ground would be the ideal thing.  I never do anything to make myself look good at those times but since it's only my long-suffering husband who sees me then I don't mind ;)


June, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is issued by FightingHeadacheDisorders.com

No comments:

Post a Comment